Cleaning your gutter regularly is an important aspect of maintaining your landscape and property. Clogged gutters could be disastrous for your home, as they can cause damage to your landscape, basement, foundation, and home exterior. Since the waters have nowhere to flow, they can quickly become home to insects and pests that could give rise to all forms of diseases. Routine gutter cleaning helps to avoid all this. Gutter cleaning is a task best left to professionals as they have the right tools and experience to get it done. Professional gutter cleaning services help you get rid of all forms of dirt and tree debris that may be blocking your gutter. We also clean any debris that may be on the rooftop closest to the gutter.
How Do I Know If My Gutter Needs Cleaning
Clogged gutters have devastating consequences for homeowners and that’s why it is important to get them cleaned regularly. Here are a few telltale signs that let you know you need gutter cleaning services.
- There is a spillover of water from the gutters after rain. If your gutters are overflowing with water, then you most definitely need to get them cleaned.
- Animals and insects are starting to make your gutters their home. If you have mice, birds, squirrels, or critters living in your gutters, then it is time to get it cleaned.
- If you have mold or plants growing in your gutter or just around it, then you need to get your gutters cleaned.
- The metals of your gutters are beginning to bend under the weight of the debris. If you don’t clean your gutters for a long time, the debris accumulates and it becomes too heavy for your gutters to hold. If it isn’t cleaned soon, it could lead to more problems.
- If you haven’t cleaned out your gutters in a very long time, then it’s probably time to get them cleaned.
How Often Do My Gutters Need Cleaning?
This is a question commonly asked by many homeowners. The frequency with which you clean your gutters mainly depends on the number of surrounding trees and how often it rains. This means that certain seasons require you to clean your gutters more often than others, rainy season and fall being the main ones. Late spring is characterized by an abundance of rain which implies plenty of water for your gutters. Hiring professional gutter cleaning services can be really beneficial for your gutters at this time of the year. Falling leaves during the fall season mean that there is a lot of debris that could easily clog the gutters. Cleaning them is quite essential at this time. Winter is also another time of the year that you will require the services of professional gutter cleaning companies. A heavy amount of snow or ice could affect your gutters.